Summer is just around the corner and if you’re looking for some fun in the sun, Downtown Seattle has you covered. From popular music fests to food fairs, get ready for these top 10 events from May to September 2023.
1. Seattle International Film Festival (May 11-21 | multiple venues)
This three-week festival showcases over 400 impressive films from around the world. See the best in cinema, listen to filmmaker panels and maybe spot a celebrity or two.
2. Seattle Beer Week (May 19-26 | multiple locations)
Whet your whistle with Seattle’s best brews during the annual Beer Week. With over 100 participating breweries, this event is a craft beer-lover’s paradise.
3. Seattle Street Food Festival (June 13-14 | South Lake Union)
Sample the best of Seattle’s vibrant food truck scene at this two-day foodie extravaganza. Dozens of trucks will fill the streets of scenic South Lake Union cooking up everything from tacos to Thai food at this family-friendly event.
4. Seattle Pride Parade (June 25 | Along 4th Ave Downtown Seattle)
Every June thousands get their rainbow on at the Pacific Northwest’s largest parade and festival celebrating the LGBTQ+ community. With colorful floats, music, and dancing, it’s a joyous event for everyone. BONUS: Hotel Ändra Seattle is on the parade route!
5. Bite of Seattle (July 21-23 | Seattle Center)
This popular food festival features over 60 restaurants serving some of the best bites in the city. From gourmet food trucks to fine dining, it’s a foodie’s dream come true.
6. Capitol Hill Block Party (July 21-23 | Capitol Hill)
This three-day music festival features over 100 bands on multiple stages in one of the world’s best live music cities. With a mix of local and national acts, it’s the perfect event for music lovers.
7. Seattle Art Fair (July 27-30 | Lumen Field)
This four-day event brings together artists, galleries, and collectors from around the world. It’s a great opportunity to see some amazing artwork and maybe even add a piece to your collection.
8. Seafair Weekend (August 4-6 | Genesee Park)
The finale of this month-long festival celebrates Seattle’s maritime heritage with hydroplane races, air shows, concerts and a parade of boats on Lake Washington. The Seafair Pirates even invade the city for a day of mischief and fun.
9. Pike Place Market Foundation’s Sunset Supper (August 18 | Pike Place Market)
Sip and sample your way through famous Pike Place Market as you watch the sun set over Puget Sound. This annual summer extravaganza features Seattle’s top chefs and benefits the Market Foundations community support services.
10. Bumbershoot (September 2-3 | Seattle Center)
Mark your Labor Day weekend. Seattle’s largest arts and music festival is back after a four-year break. Catch over 100 performers across multiple stages under the Space Needle at Seattle Center.